CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 10, 2008

Thing 10

I really found the Wiki interesting. I had heard about them but never had used. Now I know, a little anyway. I liked PBWiki better than Zoho. Right now that is. It would be a useful tool if writing a story and you want to have other edit or add to your story. My plan is to use it for Dewy Stacks. The students could help write his story. Be interesting to see where the story goes.
As far as putting a ban on Wikipedia I can understand doing it. In school settings anyway. Wikipedia is a great temptation to edit in some wrong information. We had an incident were students thought it would be funny to edit in Wikipedia about another student and faculty member. It was very hurtful. It was then blocked.
Another tool to add to my tool kit.

0 comments: