CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thing 12

First, I need to say I know my titles aren't very creative. However it helps me to keep track of where I'm at in my Things.
I have gone through the news sites and found them interesting. I went to Reddit first. Wasn't that impressed. Really didn't like the layout. Next I went over to Mixx. I like the layout. Liked that I can set it up with what I want. I like to have headlines in the news and I can pick and chose from there.
I can see these sites being used by high school and college kids more than the middle school kids I work with. I don't see them going to one of these sites since the information is listed on the homepage of Yahoo or Google. They aren't going to "Digg" deep into the news at this age.
What I like about it is you get news from all over the world. I have the local and surrounding papers here in this library. Having access to this gives a person a broader view of the world. Since we are becoming a "global" community this is a good thing.

0 comments: